Oregon Senior Games Presented by humana
June 17-21, 2015 in Bend, Oregon
Bend, Oregon is the Mountain Town that has it all, and now it has the Oregon Senior Games! Competitors from around the country will gather in Bend for an unforgettable weekend of athleticism and fun. Go ahead and use it as an excuse to plan that Bend vacation you've been thinking about. Spend your morning shaking it up on the shuffleboard court, and your afternoon hitting the hiking trails. Pummel your peers in racquetball, then reward yourself with an evening of whitewater rafting and a tasty craft beer along the Bend Ale Trail. The possibilities are endless, and even if you don't bring home a medal, the memories are all yours to keep.
Before 2014, Oregon was one of only two states without a sanctioned State Senior Games. This event, which is presented by Humana, is officially sanctioned by the National Senior Games Association (NSGA). Athletes ages 50 and older can compete in one of the sixteen sports offered. It's a great chance to test your mettle against other seniors while enjoying a getaway to the outdoor playground of the West. Whether you're a super-competitive athlete, or just someone looking to stay active, the Oregon Senior Games is a great event to add to your bucket list.
Top 5 Reasons to Participate in the Oregon Senior Games
- Meet fellow senior athletes from around the country who share your passion for sports and recreation.
- Spend a relaxing and fun week in Bend, Oregon, the outdoor playground of the West.
- Enjoy some of the unique attractions Bend offers, including the Bend Ale Trail or the Roundabout Art Route. For more ideas on Bend activities, go here.
- Soak up the vitamin D in Bend, which boasts an average of 300 days of sunshine per year.
- Compete to qualify for the 2015 National Senior Games in the Twin Cities, Minnesota
- Archery: $20 per archery event !Results!
- Badminton: $15 for first event, $10 per additional event. !Results!
- Bowling: $10 per bowling event !Results!
- Cycling (Road Race): !Results!
- Golf: $140 for 36 hole tournament !Results!
- Pickleball: $15 for first event, $5 per additional event. !Results!
- Racquetball: $30 per event !Results!
- Shuffleboard: $8 per event !Results!
- Softball: $275 per team !Results!
- Swimming: $5 per event. !Results!
- Table Tennis: $10 for first event, $5 for each additional event !Results!
- Tennis: $30 for first event, $20 for each additional event !Results!
- Track & Field: $15 for first event, $5 for each additional event. !Results!
- 5k Run/Walk: $20. !Results!
- Cowboy Action Shooting: $20 per event - !Results!
- Over The Line: $20 per player (Captain Must Enter Team First) !Results!
Special Award Winners
- Globetrotter Award (Farthest Traveled) - Diane Reynolds & Gail Brown, The Villages, FL
- "Sage" Award (Oldest Athlete) - Florence Latter, 91 years young!
- Volunteer of the Year Award - Bend Pickleball Club
- Sportsmanship Award - Thomas Perisich
- "Philly Mac" Award (Athlete who encompasses the Senior Games movement) - Phil McCage
For up to the minute updates and news "like" the Oregon Senior Games
>> What to Do
>> NSGA Website