Discover Bend's Funky and Fun Arts Scene
Bend Cultural Tourism Fund Guidelines
The 2020-2021 grant period is open as of January 20, 2020. The grant deadline is April 24, 2020. Applicants will be notified mid-June for funding that begins July 1, 2020.
Update as of April 2, 2020:
Visit Bend has made the tough decision to temporarily place a hold on any future BCTF grant awards for the fiscal year 2020-2021 grant cycle. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the City of Bend’s proclamation to not travel, Bend’s hotel and vacation rental occupancy rates are virtually in the single digits. Because of this, there are not adequate dollars to fund BCTF grants, or to fund Visit Bend itself, for the foreseeable future.
Effective immediately, we are suspending the applications for both the Catalyst and Marketing grants. We will be closely monitoring the situation in the coming months, and will re-open the application period as soon as funding allows. If you have already applied or have started the application process for a 2020-2021 grant, we will retain your application when the program re-opens.
- Attract incremental tourists to Bend during the shoulder seasons and winter months
- Diversify Bend’s tourism offerings
- Enrich and cultivate Bend’s arts and cultural assets
- Establish Bend as a premier cultural tourism destination
- Enhance Bend’s quality of life
- Increase Bend’s appeal to attract new long-term investment into the community
Grants may support:
- Programs designed to generate incremental tourism activity in the city of Bend during the shoulder seasons and winter months
- Target marketing for arts and cultural activities designed to attract visitors from outside a 50 mile radius of the city of Bend
- The development of packages or special promotions for arts or cultural tourism activities
- The development of new uses of media and technology for arts and cultural activities
- Research projects related to existing or potential cultural tourism programs with the intent of increasing cultural tourism activity in the City of Bend
- Other forms of tourism promotion that adhere to ORS.320.350.
Catalyst Grant: intended to support the bold ideas that aren’t yet fully developed, but can demonstrate extraordinary potential for increasing Bend’s off-season “cultural tourists”. The grant will provide successful applicants with funding to propel the development of an event or activity that will support the local economy and cultural organizations. Catalyst grants award amounts are typically smaller than the Marketing Grants. Historically, the average award is $9,000 No more than 25% of available grant funds will be allocated to this category in this grant period (approximately a total of $50,000).
Marketing and Program Grant: Marketing/Program grants are intended to support high quality cultural tourism activities that demonstrate a clear and measurable economic benefit in Bend.
If you are uncertain which category to apply under, please contact the program administer, below.
Applicants may only apply for one grant in either category. Funding resources are limited and not all eligible applications will receive funding. Grant award amounts are determined by the Commission. Review the Policies and Procedures for a full description of the Bend Cultural Tourism Commission.
Planning your trip? Start with your award-winning visitor guide, available online or by mail.Read the Guide
Give Us A Call
Want to talk with a real human? We get that. Our visitor center is ready and waiting for your call.Call : 877.245.8484
The Bend Pledge
Join countless visitors before you and take the Pledge to leave Bend better than you found it.Take the Pledge
Pledge for the Wild
Help protect what makes Bend Bend by supporting the wild and the Deschutes Trails Coalition.Donate