Guidelines for Bend Cultural Tourism Grants
- Attract incremental tourists to Bend during the shoulder seasons and winter months
- Diversify Bend’s tourism offerings
- Enrich and cultivate Bend’s arts and cultural assets
- Establish Bend as a premier cultural tourism destination
- Enhance Bend’s quality of life
- Increase Bend’s appeal to attract new long-term investment into the community
Grants may support:
- Programs designed to generate incremental tourism activity in the city of Bend during the shoulder seasons and winter months
- Target marketing for arts and cultural activities designed to attract visitors from outside a 50 mile radius of the city of Bend
- The development of packages or special promotions for arts or cultural tourism activities
- The development of new uses of media and technology for arts and cultural activities
- Research projects related to existing or potential cultural tourism programs with the intent of increasing cultural tourism activity in the City of Bend
- Other forms of tourism promotion that adhere to ORS.320.350.
Catalyst Grant: Intended to support the bold ideas that aren’t yet fully developed, but can demonstrate extraordinary potential for increasing Bend’s off-season “cultural tourists.” The grant will provide successful applicants with funding to propel the development of an event or activity that will support the local economy and cultural organizations. Catalyst grants award amounts are typically smaller than the Marketing Grants. Historically, the average award is $9,000. No more than 25% of available grant funds will be allocated to this category in this grant period (approximately a total of $100,000).
Marketing and Program Grant: Marketing/Program grants are intended to support high quality cultural tourism activities that demonstrate a clear and measurable economic benefit in Bend.
If you are are a first time applicant or uncertain which category to apply under, please contact the program administer, below.
Applicants may only apply for one grant in either category. Funding resources are limited and not all eligible applications will receive funding. Grant award amounts are determined by the Commission. Review the Policies and Procedures for a full description of the Bend Cultural Tourism Commission.
2022 Catalyst Grant Guidelines
2022 Marketing and Project Grants
Any questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.803.8260.