- Adventure Journal
- Oregon Events
- Festivals & Fairs
- Another National Championship Event Comes to Bend!
CategoriesFestivals & Fairs
DateMay, 19 2010
Another National Championship Event Comes to Bend!
Beard Team USA is teaming up with Visit Bend to bring the inaugural National Beard and Mustache Championships to Bend Oregon. On Saturday June 5th, $1,000 will be awarded to the best of show in each of the following categories:
1. Best moustache. Beards are allowed in this category but the contestants will be judged on their moustaches only.
2. Best partial beard. Includes goatees, van dykes, sideburns, musketeers, etc.
3. Best full beard. Styling aids are permitted.
4. Freestyle. Anything goes. Anything. Be creative.
5. A randomly selected contestant. All you have to do to qualify is sign-up.
Beard wearing, beer loving, folks from across the country will gather along side local contestants in the Les Schwab Amphitheater for the event. A distinguished panel of judges including The Great Burke Kenny, former world champion in the full beard styled moustache category, and CC Barber, Miss Oregon 2009, will determine the winners.
Although there are some incredible beards and mustaches coming to town, there are a couple of locals that might be able to toss a hat in the ring.
1) Steve – If you have ever ordered a cup of coffee from Thump, just across from the Oxford Hotel, you know Steve. His wild style and unassuming disposition makes him a top pick for the Freestyle competition.
2) Jace – Wrenching at Webcyclery or running up the trails at Smith Rock, these chops make Jace unmistakable. Top pick in the Best Partial Beard competition.
3) Jay – Boot maker, mountain bike guide, student; Jay still has time to keep a immaculately styled mustache. Color, design, and signature “lighting bolts” make Jay a strong candidate in the Best Mustache category.
Registration for the 2010 National Beard and Mustache Competition is still open, so sign up today at http://www.bendticket.com. There are no annoying qualifying events, drug tests, or dues.
Planning a trip to Bend? Check out our award-winning visitor guide online, or request one to be mailed to you.Read the Guide
Give Us A Call
Want to talk to a real human? We get you. Our visitor information specialists are here to take your call Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and weekends, 10:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.Call : 877.245.8484
Stay In Touch
Want to keep up with all of the latest and greatest happening in Bend? Sign up to receive our email newsletter. We promise not to spam you, and we'll respect the heck out of your privacy.
Join thousands of other Bend visitors and take the Pledge to leave Bend better than you found it. Bonus - you can sign up to win a vacation to Bend, too.Take The Pledge