DateDec, 21 2011
10 Great stocking stuffers from Bend, Oregon for $25 or less
I just realized I still need to buy stocking stuffers.
I made the mistake of saying this in front of two kids, and was reminded some people still believe Santa is solely in charge of stockings.
If you’re one of those people, I apologize in advance for this post. Or how about we just pretend the following list is a handy shopping guide for the big man himself?
Below, I give you my top ten favorite Bend-friendly stocking stuffers under $25.
1) The Ruffle Scarf by Utilitu Sewing & Design ($24). I spotted these for sale at Clutch: A Handbag Boutique in downtown Bend and knew I had to have one. Er, I mean I knew I had to generously buy one for my mother. And grandmother. And best friend. They’re stylish, flirty, crafted by a talented local designer, and sold by another fab local business. What more could you want?
2) The Silipint silicone drinking glass ($10.95). The world’s first and only silicone drinking glass is guaranteed unbreakable and safe for dishwasher, microwave, freezer, and for thwaping people on the forehead after they drink your last beer. I have two at home, and love how well they insulate my ice water. This is a great Bend-based company, and you can even snag a Silipint with a Bend logo.
3) Token cards from Common Table ($10). A few weeks ago, we shared how this wonderful local restaurant is committed to feeding everyone whether they roll up in a Mercedes or stroll through the door without a dime. While the tokens make great gifts for anyone who wants a delicious meal, they’re great to offer up to that person you see holding a little cardboard sign in the mall parking lot. You know the recipient will get a wholesome meal, and you know your money is going to an excellent cause.
4) Handmade wooden wine stoppers from Ginger’s Kitchenware ($16). Crafted by a Bend artist, these handy hardwood wine stoppers are just perfect for the wine lover in your life. What better way to preserve that tasty bottle of Swingin’ Zin from Bend’s own Maragas Winery?
5) Bike chain picture frame from Resource Revival ($18). For the cycling enthusiast in the family, you can’t beat these recycled bike chain photo frames. Feather’s Edge Finery in downtown Bend sells the small round frames for a little bit less than you’ll pay online, plus you can browse other items like bottle openers ($10) and key chains ($4) made from recycled bike parts.
6) Hydro Flask water bottles ($24). Here’s another innovative Bend business crafting the perfect stocking stuffer. These Double-wall insulated, BPA free, stainless steel bottles are perfect for beverages at any temperature. You can order online, or snag one with a Bend logo at the Bend Visitor Center. They’re $24 for the 18 ounce size, or $28 for the 24 ouncer.
7) The After Mountain Skincare Gift Set from Angelina’s ($17.14). This Bend-based company specializes in luscious organic bath and body products. The treats in this set are aimed at soothing chapped skin and sore muscles after a hard day of snow-play. You get a 1.7 ounce Sore Muscle Rub, a 2 ounce Sunburn Smoothie, and a .5 ounce Skin Doctor. Best of all, it’s on sale right now for $17.14 (a savings of $6.71 off the regular price).
8) Handmade ornament from Bend’s sister city ($10). Nicaragua is the second poorest country in the western hemisphere, and Bend happens to have a sister city in Condega. Craftsmen there created these lovely wood ornaments to help fund school supplies for the town’s children. Buy one, buy a dozen, but know your money is going to a fabulous cause – help a sista out! Pick one up at the Bend Visitor Center or online here.
9) Cool shades from Blackstrap ($12.99). These trendy sunglasses are made even more fabulous by their low price and the fact that you can nab them in a wide array of colors. Since it’s a Bend-based company, The Bend Visitor Center sells a version with a Bend logo for all your gift-giving needs.
10) Gift box of 9 truffles from Jem Raw chocolate company ($24.99). For the chocoholic in your life, Bend-based Jem Raw specializes in healthy chocolate made with raw, organic ingredients. They’re gluten-free and made without dairy, soy, or processed sugar. Oh, and they’re ridiculously tasty. The gift box includes a variety of truffles, including their amazingly scrumptious Oregon Hazelnut Mint. You can shop online, or find them at a variety of local Bend shops.
So that’s it for my favorite Bend-friendly stocking stuffers. How about you? Got any great suggestions for $25 or less? Please share!
Planning a trip to Bend? Check out our award-winning visitor guide online, or request one to be mailed to you.Read the Guide
Give Us A Call
Want to talk to a real human? We get you. Our visitor information specialists are here to take your call Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and weekends, 10:00 a.m - 4:00 p.m.Call : 877.245.8484
Stay In Touch
Want to keep up with all of the latest and greatest happening in Bend? Sign up to receive our email newsletter. We promise not to spam you, and we'll respect the heck out of your privacy.
Join thousands of other Bend visitors and take the Pledge to leave Bend better than you found it. Bonus - you can sign up to win a vacation to Bend, too.Take The Pledge