Bend Farmers Market
From quaint beginnings atop Drake Park to a thriving, bustling market in nearby Brooks Alley, the Bend Farmers market has been “growing” and feeding Central Oregon for over 20 years!
Our market runs every Wednesday, rain or shine, smoke or hail, from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Downtown Bend from June 3rd to October 14th.
The mission of the Bend Farmers Market is to create and sustain a centralized market that provides fresh local produce and farm products to the Central Oregon community, providing a viable market for local farmers, and enhancing the business, nutritional, and community health of Central Oregon.
We pride ourselves are on our diverse selection and commitment to local agriculture. We are excited to be into our second decade of supporting local food.
2020 COVID Response:
Our market manager has worked diligently to create a list of market protocols to best ensure our community’s health. Our goal in these challenging and uncertain times is to ensure the safety of our vendors and customers, to model our practices after the positive and effective methods of other farmers markets in our state, and to be as prepared as absolutely possible to bring nutritious food to Central Oregon in a responsible way. We have been in close contact with the Oregon Farmers Market Association, the City of Bend, and the Oregon Department of Agriculture to bring the safest practices to our farmers market. Please, follow these protocols when vending or attending market to best protect our community.
Please be advised: The Farmers Market is NOT a place for socialization during the Coronavirus Pandemic. The Farmers Market provides an essential service to the community and shoppers are advised to expedite their attendance at the Market in order to make social distancing easier for other attendees. We strongly encourage you to send only ONE shopper per household. Please follow these guidelines to protect yourself and to protect our greater community from the spread of this virus.
*At this time, the use of masks or cloth face coverings is not required for shoppers. All Vendors, Staff and Volunteers of the BFM are required to wear masks or cloth face covers. We strongly encourage all in attendance to wear a mask.
1. Stay Home if You are Sick.
2. Identify if you are a “high risk” group and consider having someone else shop for you
People age 60 and over
People with underlying health conditions
People with weakened immune systems
3. Wash hands frequently with warm soapy water. Cover coughs and sneezes
4. Customers are not allowed to handle produce/ products before buying, allow the vendor to bag purchases. (Please, bring your own bags!)
5. Keep six feet of distance from others at all times (except those in your family or immediate household)
6. Make a shopping list and complete shopping as quickly as possible.
7. This is not a social hour! Limit interactions with other customers and vendors. When possible, please only have one person per household at market to make social distancing easier for others.
8. Be prepared with small bills to offer exact change when possible.