Central Oregon 500+ 2019
June 6, 2019 at 8:00 am
This Event has passed.
5 Days of Classic Central Oregon Road Rides
100 mile and 100k (Metric Century) Ride Options Each Day
You do not have to do all 5 days.
Benefiting the Mt. Bachelor Sports Education Foundation
Come explore Central Oregon’s classic road rides. We will provide rides guides, lunch every day, rest stops with plenty of food, hydration and porta potties!
Thursday, June 6th……Crooked River Canyon
Friday, June 7th………….. East Lake
Saturday, June 8th………. Smith Rock
Sunday, June 9th ………… McKenzie Pass
What You Need to Know
- Ride Guides for FAST, MEDIUM and LEISURE paced provided.
- 40-50 riders per days.
- $75 per day or $350 for all 5 days.
- Typically there are 7-10 riders in a group. Every morning before the groups take off, riders decide which group they feel like riding in. We have a pretty fast group that averages 17-20 miles per hour on the hilly rides. The flat stages, are faster. So if you are training for the upcoming Road Race season, this is the perfect group to be in. Our ride guides are in tip toppity shape and can go as fast or as slow as the group wants to go. The mid group averages between 14-17 mph. And the leisure paced group is more like 12-14 mph.
- The groups will sometimes split up a little bit, but everyone reconvenes at the 65 mile mark which is where the lunch stop is. We will have a 15 passenger van and a trailer where we can carry up to 14 bikes at the lunch stop. So if people decide to not continue riding after lunch, that is totally fine. They will just get a ride back to the start with their bike safely, secured in our trailer.
- We get really good food for this. Every morning at each start we will have, bananas, strawberries, almond and peanut butter, bars to grab, espresso beans, water and drink mix to add to your bottle.
- We will have a rest stop usually at the 20-25 mile mark with a porta pottie, fruit, nuts, fig newtons, potato chips, jerkey, peanut butter pretzels, corn chips, bars, peanut butter, chocolate milk, coke, coconut water, water, Diet Pepsi and more.
- Lunch is at the 65 mile mark. We get great pre-made Trader Joe’s wraps, salads, sandwich fixings, cookies, chips, drinks, fruit. It’s an impressive spread. If you have requests or dietary restrictions, we can accommodate you.
- After lunch there should be more one more rest stop with a porta pottie and some drinks and snacks. Usually at mile 80-85. Depending on the ride.
- The rides typically leave in the morning at about 8:00 a.m. It depends on the weather but everyone tries to get rolling pretty early. At the finishes every day there will be snacks and drinks available.
- We email the riders every evening with the plan for the next day. Time of departure and directions to the start. Gravel options or more mileage options if it has been decided on that day.
- The Wednesday and Friday rides will start at the Athletic Club of Bend. Lots of parking available. The Thursday and Saturday rides will start at our amazing ride hosts house which is on the Eastside of town. They have a nice field to park in. They will also host a BBQ at thier house on Saturday. Family is welcome to attend. All food and drink is provided. The Sunday, McKenzie Pass ride will start in Sisters, OR.
- We will have a massage therapist available after all the rides. But you will need to let her know ahead of time if you would like her to come to the finish of the ride.