Join the Tower Theatre as they present Take Me to the River – Memphis, a documentary about the soul of American music, followed by Take Me to the River – New Orleans, a LIVE performance by three generations of Crescent City legends playing individually and together in a unique evening of harmony and heritage.
Days after the documentary, join Wanderlust Tours for our own local Take Me to the River- Deschutes style. We will share the inspiration of the natural world through a canoe journey down the Deschutes River, plus the multi-generational music stories of 3 local bands – their mentorship, music and motivations.
Take Me to the River is an event inspired by the soul, and here in Bend, our soul can be found in the rivers, mountains and deserts of Central Oregon. Join us for another moment of confluence between art & nature.
$125 PER PERSON
SUNDAY OCTOBER 20, 2019
11AM – 5PM
– Paddle a 4-mile stretch of the Wild & Scenic Deschutes River
– Enjoy a private concert along the Deschutes River at the take-out point.
– Music by Dry Canyon Trio, Devils’ Duo and Alicia Viani & Mark Karwan
– Q & A with the musicians
– Professional naturalist guide & award-winning interpretation
– Gear: canoes, paddles, PFDs
– Transportation from our office to the River
– Private concert from 3 local music groups
– Water bottle
– Hat, sunglasses, sunscreen
– Camera for amazing photos!
– Camp chairs if you desire a seat
– Cozy blanket
– Brown Bag Lunch
– Warm Layers! (Check the weather and dress appropriately)
mx_slider_mod Object ( [id] => section-listing-gallery [blocks] => Array (  => stdClass Object ( [breadcrumbs] => [image_url] => https://www.visitbend.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Wanderlust-Tours-Canoes-960.png [use_image_url] => 1 ) ) [section] => stdClass Object ( [key] => panel-gallery [template] => panel-gallery-row [id] => listing-gallery ) [layout_class] => row-prev-none row-panel-gallery row-next-panel-gallery [is_first_section] => 1 )