Oregon Senior Games
3 unforgettable weeks of athleticism and fun
Looking for something specific? Select a category of Activities.
Bend, Oregon is the Mountain Town that has it all, and that includes the Oregon Senior Games!
2018 OREGON SENIOR GAMES – JUNE 2-17
The 2018 Oregon Senior Games will be a qualifier for the 2019 National Senior Games in Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are looking forward to seeing athletes from across Oregon qualify for the National Games!
Competitors from around the country will gather in Bend for an unforgettable 3 weeks of athleticism and fun. Go ahead and use it as an excuse to plan the Bend vacation you’ve been thinking about. Spend your morning competing on the pickleball court, and follow it up in the afternoon by hitting the hiking trails. Play against your peers in racquetball, then reward yourself with an afternoon of whitewater rafting and a tasty craft beer along the Bend Ale Trail. The possibilities are endless, and even if you don’t bring home a medal, the memories are all yours to keep.
Athletes ages 50+ (National Senior Games qualifying age) can compete in one of the 15 sports offered. It’s a great chance to test your mettle against other seniors while enjoying a getaway to the outdoor playground of the West. Whether you’re a super-competitive athlete or just someone looking to stay active, the Oregon Senior Games is a great event to add to your 2018 must-do list!
Event contact information:
|Event||Coordinator Name||Phone #|
|Basketball (Cancelled for 2018)||Mike Lenaemail@example.com|
|Disc Golf (Cancelled for 2018)||Ryan Lanefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Indoor Climbing||Rich Breuneremail@example.com|
|Racquetball (Cancelled for 2018)||Mike Lenafirstname.lastname@example.org|
For Oregon Senior Games Registration questions contact Kirsten at email@example.com or call 541-323-0964 ext 324
For overall Oregon Senior Games questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-323-0964 ext 324
TOP 5 REASONS TO PARTICIPATE IN THE OREGON SENIOR GAMES
- Meet fellow senior athletes from around the country who share your passion for sports and recreation.
- Spend a relaxing and fun week in Bend, Oregon, the outdoor playground of the West.
- Enjoy some of the unique attractions Bend offers, including the Bend Ale Trail or the Roundabout Art Route. For more ideas on Bend activities, go here.
- Soak up the vitamin D in Bend, which boasts an average of 300 days of sunshine per year.
- Experience Bend like a naturalist on a guided short hike with Wanderlust Tours to end the Games each year.
Every year at the award dinner we recognize several individuals in the Oregon Senior Games who best characterize certain aspects of the Games.
2017 AWARD WINNERS
- Globetrotter Award (Farthest Traveled) Diane Reynolds (2919 miles traveled)
- “Sage” Award (Oldest Athlete) Willard Lamb (95 years young)
- Volunteer of the Year Award Christie Gestvang and Bob Bruce
- Sportsmanship Award Send us your nominations!
- “Philly Mac” Award (Athlete who encompasses the Senior Games movement) Ken Stewart
>> NSGA Website